Summer is a whirlwind of non-stop fishing. Alaskans try to pack in as many outdoor activities as they can before the summer runs out. The springtime and the beginning of summer brings out aggressive and hungry Trout and Dolly varden (Char). These catch and release fish can be taken on the fly or spinning gear. Our first salmon to arrive in our rivers are the mighty King (Chinook) Salmon. These brutes are available from mid May until the end of July. The first week of June brings Red (Sockeye) Salmon.
These are the most abundant of our salmon. We fish for these spunky Salmon until mid August depending on fish counts. As the Reds slow down the Silver (Coho) Salmon are making their way up river. Fall shows it face by the end of August and we are in full swing for these acrobatic Salmon.
As September arrives there is a chill in the air and the leaves are turning vibrant colors of yellow and orange. This time period is the “World Cup” of Trophy Trout and Dolly fishing as they engorge themselves on Salmon eggs provided by our now spawning Salmon.
- MAY 15-JUNE 11: King Salmon
- JUNE 11-JULY 1: Sockeye Salmon, Trout, Char and King Salmon
- JULY 1-AUGUST 1: King Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Trout and Char
- AUGUST 1- SEPT 1: Sockeye Salmon, Silver Salmon, Trout and Char
- SEPT 1-OCT 30: Silver Salmon, Trout, Char and Steelhead (Trout)